MicroCity Loan Fund
The MicroCity fund provides loans to small businesses in amounts up to $35,000. It is used to encourage expansion by providing “gap” debt financing. Funding is available to successful growing or emerging small businesses that meet our underwriting requirements and are located within the City of Cincinnati.
What Business Are Eligible:
For profit businesses with five or fewer employees that have adequate historic or projected cash flow. The owner may be one of the employees.
Ineligible Businesses / Organizations
- Social service agencies
- Religious institutions
- Non-profit service providers
- Private clubs with membership restrictions
- Venture capital investments
- Any use prohibited by City, state, or federal regulation or law.
How Much Can Be Borrowed
The maximum loan amount is $35,000
How Can Funds Be Used
Loan proceeds may be used for any legitimate business purpose including:
- Permanent Working Capital
- Machinery and equipment
- Tenant Improvements
- Acquisition of Real Estate
MicroCity Fund loans cannot be used to refinance existing debt.
What Are The Loan Terms:
The maximum loan term is 7 years with an interested rate fixed at Prime.
Loans are for eligible Community Development Block Grant Entitlement Program activities that meet National Objectives for job creation/retention, low-moderate income area benefit or prevention/elimination of slum and blight.
- Comply with City environmental requirements.
- Maintain the business within City limits for the entire loan term.
- Demonstrate ability to repay loan within a reasonable time period.
How do I learn more?
Contact The City of Cincinnati's Economic Development Division at (513) 352-2499 or email@example.com